Sweet and Spicy Beef Jerky Recipe
Your family and friends will love this sweet and spicy beef jerky recipe! The sweetness of brown sugar and honey with the spiciness of black pepper, and crushed red pepper creates the perfect fusion of these flavors. This recipe gives an instant blast of sweet with a lasting after taste of spicy hot.
- 4 - lbs beef top round steak
- 3/4 - cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 - cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 - cup soy sauce
- 1/2 - cup brown sugar
- 1/3 - cup honey
- 1 - tsp garlic powder
- 1 - tsp onion powder
- 1 - Tbs crushed red pepper ( 2 Tbs if you like it hotter)
- Slice your beef round top into 1/4" strips and remove as much fat as possible. This cut of meat is usually lean so there shouldn't be much to remove.
- Add all liquid ingredients into a pot and bring it to a slow simmer. Now add your brown sugar, honey, garlic, onion, and crushed red pepper to the mix and stir repeatedly until the sugar and honey has dissolved. Allow the marinade to cool to room temperature.
- Evenly lay your meat strips into a large container or casserole dish and then pour the marinade all over it being sure to coat every inch of the meat. Marinate the meat for 24 hours.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and lightly pat it down with paper towels to remove any excess marinade.
- Dehydrate your meat for 5-7 hours at 160 degrees using your oven or dehydrator and enjoy!
- Sweet Teriyaki Beef Jerky Recipe
- Very Teriyaki Beef Jerky Recipe
- Cajun Beef Jerky Recipe
- Chinese Beef Jerky Recipe
- Beer Beef Jerky Recipe
See Beef Jerky Recipes for more great jerky recipes.