Chinese Beef Jerky Recipe
This chinese beef jerky recipe is a real asian treat with its flavors of soy sauce, sesame oil, minced ginger root, red wine, and honey. It's one of those jerkys that helps switch things up from time to time with it's mixture of spicy, bitter, sweet, and salty flavors. Try a batch today and adapt it to your own likings. This might be your next favorite!
- 3 - lbs beef top or bottom round steak
- 1/2 - cup soy sauce
- 1/4 - cup red wine (preferrably a sweet red)
- 1/4 - cup honey
- 5 - cloves of minced garlic
- 2 - Tbs minced ginger root
- 1 1/2 - Tbs sesame oil
- 2 - Tbs crushed red pepper
- 1/2 - black or white ground pepper
- Cut your top round into 1/4 " inch strips. Each strip should be about and an inch wide.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and wisk until honey is completely dissolved.
- Put the meat into two separate gallon size bags and add half of the marinade to each bag. Marinate the meat for 24 hours. Be sure to flip the bags every 4 hours or so.
- Remove the meat from the marinade after 24 hrs and lay it out on a plate. Pate the meat down with paper towels to absorb any excess marinade.
- Lay out the strips of meat evenly on your oven or dehydrator racks and dehydrate for 5-7 hours or until down. Enjoy your chinese beef jerky!