Sweet and Spicy Deer Jerky Recipe
This is a sweet and spicy deer jerky recipe that has pronounced flavors of spicy crushed red pepper and warm brown sugar with honey. I have been using this recipe for some time now and have got it down to a fine science. This one will even throw a smile on your grumpy ol grandpas face.
- 3 - lbs deer roast
- 3/4 - cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 - cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 - cup soy sauce
- 1/2 - cup brown sugar
- 1/3 - cup honey
- 1 - tsp garlic powder
- 1 - tsp onion powder
- 2 - Tbs crushed red pepper ( 3 Tbs if you like it hotter)
- Cut your deer roast against the grain into 1/8" slabs and then cut them into 1" wide.
- Mix all ingredients into a sauce pan and heat it up on your stove until it simmers and then turn off the heat. Stir the marinade until the brown sugar and honey have completely dissolved. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Equally separate your deer meat into two gallon size bags and add half of the marinade to each bag. Marinate the meat for 24 hrs.
- Remove the meat after 24 hrs and pat each piece down with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- Dehydrate your jerky with an oven or dehydrator for 5-7 hrs or until done. Enjoy this amazing deer jerky recipe!