Lemon Pepper Deer Jerky Recipe
A lemon pepper deer jerky recipe that will rock your taste buds with flavors of sweet lemon juice, lemon pepper, brown sugar, worcestershire, soy, liquid smoke, and a pinch of garlic. The tangy and slightly sweet flavors go perfect with pepper. You just can't go wrong with this one!
- 3 - lbs deer meat
- 3/4 - cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 - cup soy sauce
- 1/4 - cup brown sugar
- 1 - tbs liquid smoke
- 2 - tbs lemon juice (fresh is the best but bottled will do)
- 1 - tbs garlic powder
- 2 - tbs McCormick California Style lemon pepper seasoning
- Freeze your deer meat until it has become firm but not completely solid. Cut the meat against the grain into 1/4" strips with a width of about 1" wide.
- Add all of the ingredients into a pot and heat until it just barely simmers. Stir the marinade thoroughly until the brown sugar completely melts.Turn off heat and allow the marinade to cool to room temperature.
- Separate the meat evenly into two gallon size ziploc bags and then add half of the marinade to each bag. Marinate the deer meat for 24 hrs. Be sure to move the meat around and flip over each bag about once every 5 hours or so.
- Remove the meat after 24 hrs and pat the meat down with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel to remove excess marinade. This should be done to both sides on all of the strips.
- Lay your strips out evenly in your oven or dehydrator and dehydrate at 160 degrees for 5-7 hours or until done. Enjoy your deer jerky!