Spicy Deer Jerky Recipe
If you want a spicy deer jerky recipe with a bit of sweetness to it, then this one is your match. It has a nice sweet taste from the honey and brown sugar and a great smoke flavor from the liquid smoke and smoked paprika. These flavors are combined with the spiciness of crushed red pepper to give it a good bite!
- 3 - lbs deer meat
- 1/2 - cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 - cup soy sauce
- 1/2 - cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 - cup brown sugar
- 2 - Tbs honey
- 1 - Tbs lemon juice
- 1 - Tbs smoked paprika
- 1 - Tbs liquid smoke
- 1- Tbs onion powder
- 1 - Tbs garlic powder
- 2 - Tbs crushed red pepper
- Freeze your deer meat until it is slightly firm. Cut your meat against the grain into 1/4" strips.
- Add all the ingredients into a pot and heat it up until it simmers. Stir well until the honey and brown sugar is completely dissolved. Turn off heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Put your deer meat into a gallon size bag or large bowl and add your marinade to it. Allow the meat to marinate for 24 hrs.
- Dehydrate your deer strips in your oven or dehydrator at 160 degrees for 5-7 hours or until done. Enjoy your deer jerky!