Peppered Beef Jerky Recipe
A good ol fashion peppered beef jerky recipe always delivers when you're in need of a simple recipe with some spice to it. This jerky delivers flavors of garlic, sea salt, worcestershire, a hint of brown sugar, and a healthy serving of ground black pepper that all come together to make it a real humdinger!
- 3 - lbs beef top round steak
- 3/4 - cup worcestershire
- 1/2 - cup soy sauce
- 1/4 - cup water
- 2 - Tbs brown sugar
- 1 - Tbs liquid smoke
- 1 - tsp sea salt
- 1 - Tbs garlic powder
- 1 - Tbs onion powder
- 2 - Tbs coarse crushed black pepper
- 3 - Tbs coarse crushed black pepper (to sprinkle on top before dehydrating)
- First prepare your top round beef steak by freezing it until it's almost frozen. The meat should not be solid but should be firm. Cut it into strips about 1/4 " thick and 1" wide.
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and stir for 5 minutes.
- Put the meat in a large tupperware container and add your marinade to it. Marinate your jerky meat for 24 hrs.
- Pull out the strips after 24 hours and lay them on a plate. Pat down each side to remove any excess marinade but be careful to not dry them too much.
- Lay the strips out evenly on your dehydrator racks and sprinkle them with pepper to your liking.
- Dehydrate for 5-7 hours and enjoy!