Lemon Pepper Beef Jerky Recipe
A lemon pepper beef jerky recipe with a one of a kind flavor combo of lemon juice, worcestershire, soy sauce, brown sugar, a pinch of garlic, and and just the right amount of of lemon pepper. I'd have to agree that it's a little out of the ordinary but it has such a great taste !
- 3 - lbs beef top round steak
- 3/4 - cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 - cup soy sauce
- 1/4 - cup brown sugar
- 1 - tbs liquid smoke
- 2 - tbs lemon juice (fresh is the best but bottled will do)
- 1 - tbs garlic powder
- 2 - tbs McCormick California Style lemon pepper seasoning
- Prepare your meat by cutting it against the grain into 1/8" strips and removing any visible fat.
- Load your worcestershire, soy, and liquid smoke into a pot and heat until a slight simmer appears then turn off the heat. Add your brown sugar to the mixture and stir it until it fully dissolves.
- After the liquid has cooled for a few minutes, add your lemon juice, garlic powder, and lemon pepper seasoning to the marinade and stir well.
- Put your meat into a gallon size bag or container and add all the marinade to it. Let the meat marinade for 24 hrs.
- Dehydrate your jerky for 6-8 hrs or until done.
- Take a huge bite and smile!