Pineapple Beef Jerky Recipe
Here's a pineapple beef jerky recipe that has a great jerky flavor with accents of brown sugar and fruity pineapple. If you love sweet and slightly salty snacks then this recipe will be right up your ally. The zesty pineapple really makes this jerky come alive! This recipe should be on your "must try" list.
- 4 - lbs beef top round steak
- 1/4 - cup soy sauce
- 1/4 - cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 - cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 - cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 - cup brown sugar
- 1 - Tbs garlic powder
- 2 - Tbs hickory liquid smoke
- 1/2 - cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 - cup pineapple puree ( pineapple mashed into a paste)
- Cut your jerky meat into 1/8" slices and remove any signs of fat.
- Add all the liquid ingredients together in a small pot with your garlic powder and mix thoroughly. Heat the mix up until it simmers then turn off the heat and add in the brown sugar while mixing at the same time. Let the ingredients cool to room temperature.
- Mix 3/4 cup fresh cut pineapple and 1/2 cup pineapple juice in blender and liquefy. Pour the contents into your pot and stir it well.
- Now put equal amounts of meat into two separate gallon size ziploc bags and add your marinade to each bag. Be sure to completely cover the meat with marinade. Marinate the meat for 24 hours.
- Dehydrate your jerky in your dehydrator for 5-7 hours or until done and enjoy!