Spicy Beef Jerky Recipe
This spicy beef jerky recipe gives off a flavor of beef, sweet, and spicy hot and is ideal for a mid day snack attack. The crushed red pepper goes great with the smoked paprika. They are a true fit for eachother. This ones for all you hot heads out there!
- 4lbs - flank steak (or your preferred cut of beef)
- 3/4 - cup worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 - cup soy sauce
- 1/2 - cup brown sugar
- 1 - Tbs onion powder
- 1 - Tbs garlic powder
- 1- Tbs pepper
- 1 - Tbs smoked paprika (ads more spicyness and also a smoky accent)
- 2 - Tbs crushed red pepper
- Prepare 4 lbs of flank steak by cutting it into 1/8" thick pieces. Remove any visible fat.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium pot and heat it up until it simmers. Add your brown sugar to the mix and continuously mix for at least 5 minutes or until thoroughly dissolved. Once you are done mixing turn off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Put even amounts of meat into two separate gallon size ziploc bags and add half of the marinade to each bag. Allow the meat to marinade for 24 hours.
- Prepare your dehydrator and then remove your jerky meat from the marinade being sure to pat down each piece to dry up any excess marinade. Lay your meat in rows on the racks of your dehydrator and dehydrate until done. Enjoy!