Stroganoff Deer Jerky Marinade
This deer jerky marinade came to me one evening when I was sitting around craving a good beef stroganoff. The lightbulb turned on and off I went to the store to grab some supplies. After a couple evenings of trial and error, I took my first bite and realized I nailed it! Just like that deer last year....Ladies and gentleman , let me introduce to you , the "Stroganoff Deer Jerky Marinade Recipe".
This venison recipe is packed full of beef broth, worcestershire, black pepper, garlic, cumin, and a healthy helping of powdered stroganoff mix. This is one for the books!
- 2-3 - lbs Jerky cut deer meat
- 1 - cup beef broth
- 1/2 - cup worcestershire
- 1/2 - Tbsp black pepper
- 1 - Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 - tsp cumin
- 1 - tsp salt
- 1- packet McCormick™ Beef Stroganoff Powdered Sauce Mix
- Trim all excess fat off of your deer meat . If not already precut, cut into 1/4" x 1" wide strips and rinse under running water. This is especially good to do with game meat because often you will find some hair on the meat.
- Mix all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and wisk thorughly.
- Seperate your deer meat evenly in two one gallon storage bags and add half of the marinade to each bag.
- Marinate meat for 24 hrs. Be sure to move the meat around in the bag at least a couple times during the marination period.
- Dehydrate deer meat 160 F for 5-6 hours or until done and enjoy!