Best Deer Jerky Recipe
The best deer jerky recipe is loaded with flavors of molasses, dark rum, warm ginger, fresh garlic, and a hint of hot sauce. This recipe's so good it'll make your teeth chatter and your ears twitch right off your head. I mean seriously though... it's the best! This is one you'll have to try ASAP.
- 3 - lbs of deer meat
- 1/2 - cup soy sauce
- 1/2 - cup worcestershire
- 1/2 - cup molasses
- 1/4 - cup dark rum
- 4 - Tbs fresh graded ginger
- 2 - cloves of fresh minced garlic
- 2 - Tbs hot sauce of choice
- Freeze your 3 lbs of deer meat until it is nice and firm but not completely solid. This will help make it easier to cut. Now cut the meat against the grain into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a sauce pan and heat the marinade until it slightly simmers. Stir the solution well to make sure that all of the molasses has liquefied. Let the marinade cool to room temperature.
- Separate your deer meat evenly into two gallon size ziploc bags and add half of the marinade to each bag. Seal the bags and move the meat all around inside the bag to get an even coating on each piece of meat. Marinate the meat for 24 hours.
- Remove the meat strips and pat them down with a paper towel to remove excess marinade.
- Dehydrate the meat at 160 degrees for 5-7 hours or until done. Enjoy your amazing deer jerky!